We are seeking a full time HR and Administration Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the general administrative function and activities of the office, recruitment efforts, new hire orientation and onboarding, payroll, company policy and procedure adherence.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
In addition to Sparx Hockey’s exceptional products and record-setting growth, we also pride ourselves on being a fun place to work. Although it’s not an employment prerequisite, many of our employees still play, coach, and parent hockey players. We do more than just build great hockey products, we use them ourselves. When we’re not working hard or playing hockey our team can be found having a blast at our annual summer outing and impromptu barbecues that fill in the rest of the Sparx annual event calendar.
Our global headquarters are located in Acton, MA and are home to our R&D, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Finance teams as well as our production lines and warehouse/distribution center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead for recruiting efforts by posting ads, sourcing candidates, and managing the hiring process, including prescreening and scheduling interviews.
- Coordinate employee activities; company events, monthly celebrations, and offsite meetings.
- Process (weekly/twice monthly) payroll using Gusto.
- Oversee new hire orientation, onboarding, and employee termination process.
- Maintain electronic employee records.
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Reconcile benefits statements.
- Assist with the preparation of the performance review process in PerformYard.
- Support disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Administrative duties including, but not limited to, review and distribution of incoming mail, stock coffee bar, maintain inventory of office supplies, order new supplies as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong ethics and reliability.
- HRIS experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Familiar with Indeed/LinkedIn/Handshake.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business, Human Resources, or related area.
- At least two years related experience required.
Hybrid Schedule: Mondays, Fridays remote
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays in Acton, MA
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
TO APPLY - VISIT:
NOTICE: JOB HIRING SCAMS ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS
Announcement from the FBI:
- Sparx Hockey will never ask potential hires to chat with Sparx Employees through any chat service.
- Sparx Hockey will never request new hires to make purchases for anything prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never ask for personal information, such as I9 supporting materials, prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never send emails originating from URLs besides www.sparxhockey.com (no redirects)
- Sparx Hockey will never offer jobs on job board that do not match the job title and description shown on sparxhockey.com/pages/careers (no redirects)
If you are ever have a question concerning the legitimacy of a job offer from Sparx Hockey, contact firstname.lastname@example.org